Monday, March 4, 2013

Cobb salad { vegan }


Hey everyone, I have great dish from the secret recipe club again! A veganized Cobb salad, this was super easy to prepare and very tasty. It comes from fellow blogger,  the daily dish recipes. Nicole makes some yummy looking recipes.


There are a few stories of how the Cobb salad was invented, I like the one were the Chef hadn't eaten until midnight so he threw some left overs together and behold this delicious creation! I had to omit a few of the traditionals because...well they are not vegan. HA. So instead I used almonds, Daiya cheese and oranges.


Cobb Salad
serves 4
I used my own maple balsamic vinegerette recipe.

3 cups mixed greens
1 carrot-peeled and shredded
1 green pepper- small diced
1 tomato- small diced
1 orange- segmented and small diced
1 avocado- small diced
1/4 cup almonds- chopped roughly
1/4 cup Daiya- -pepper jack cheese

Assemble in a salad dish and enjoy!!

7 comments:

  1. Such beautiful colorful salad! Healthy and delish too, I bet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Couldn't think of a better mix of fresh, colourful ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That salad looks beautiful and delicious. What a great pick for the SRC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your salad looks perfectly delicious!

    If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my SRC entry Loaded Potato Soup.

    Lisa~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cobb salad is always a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cobb salads are one of my go-to non-cooking meals. This looks so vibrant and delicious...and takes spins all the unhealthiness of regular cobbs into something healthy.

    ReplyDelete