Sunday, March 27, 2011

Simple sides : sauteed asparagus with garlic and pine nuts


Its been a productive weekend, I managed to finally get the first coat of paint on in the kitchen before the cabinets get here, we went to the beach and I made lasagna ( which last for 2 dinners!) 

The first night I made a caesar salad. Tonight I wanted to switch it up...made a simple side of asparagus sauteed in a little olive oil, with thinly sliced garlic and sprinkled with pine nuts. Finished with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and there you have it a simple side dish. 

Asparagus season is upon us...stay tuned for more yummy recipes!

6 comments:

  1. Asparagus is a vegetable that makes me giddy! This sounds amazing. I need to remember this as a side dish for a nice sit down dinner with the in-laws. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! I just bought some asparagus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy looking asparagus, nice choice with the pine nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asparagus just sings spring for me. It's one of my favorite spring vegetables...tides me over till the summer tomatoes! This looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, perfect for me :-)

    ciao
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete