Saturday, June 26, 2010

Roses are red and houses are blue


I had a great morning at the farmers market. Every time I attend  I always end up meeting someone new. It really has a community feel... I know I have mentioned that before, but that is why I enjoy it so much.

Another beautiful bouquet. I managed to sneak away from my table and snag one. Can't you  imagine these at a wedding with the white dress, and some pretty red and yellow accents? I also got a yummy loaf of bread.


So remember the great news that I mentioned a few posts ago...well we bought our first home!! I am so excited to finally own a home. It has been a dream of mine for so long. Its blue and cute, and only a two minute walk to the beach. It needs a little TLC but I have lots to give, and I am so excited to finally get to do things the way we like them.

Its so much fun planning out what colours to paint, and what I want my kitchen to look like ( it needs a reno:P), but everything in time. We get the keys on the Wednesday!! I will be keeping a scrap book of our new home and the updates we do.  I hope to share my ideas with you and hopefully you can give me yours.



When you have only two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other.  ~Chinese Proverb

5 comments:

  1. Looking at your house and you also mentioned the beach; have you ever been to Sweden? Sounds to me that you would love it there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Mama! I am so excited for you. Seriously.
    It's so cute already...I like the blue, are you keeping that color?
    How fun! Enjoy this new chapter in your life.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kirsten! I am so excited for you--and the house is BEAUTIFUL! And a short walk to the beach--unbelievable--I'm saying Canada more and more now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rockies...I have never been to Sweden, but it defiantly on my list.

    MoonMama...Thanks buddy, I am really excited! I think I want to paint the house so that it blends it a bit with the environment :P

    Kelly...You gotta come to Canada! We are actually across the street from the water, and I have a view from my kitchen window, but to get to the beach its just a few minutes away.

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kirsten! Congrats on your new home! I can feel all the wonderful warmth that you are bringing to it already! Best, Mark

    ReplyDelete