Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Vegan Tzatziki

I have big plans for next week, I am teaching a vegan cooking class! I am nervous because I am not the best with words...but I am also excited :) Also, my mom and dad are coming to visit for two weeks, YAY! I haven't seen them in 6 months! I will be cooking up a storm.

This is a simple but very tasty little dipping sauce recipe, it is great  for raw veggies and pita. You could even thin it out a bit more and use it for a salad dressing.  I know the bowl is a bit beat up, but it was a gift from a friend on their trip to Russia. I love it.

  • 1 box silken tofu
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1 lemon-juiced
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 tsp- dried dill (you could use fresh too)
  • 1/2 cucumber-peeled and grated
  • sea salt
  • freshly ground pepper

Drain tofu and put in blender with garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, and dill.
Blend until creamy. Stir in cucumber. Season to taste.

7 comments:

  1. Nice sauce! I can make this to use with my falafel sandwich! Yum! Have a good time with family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks! I've never seen a recipe for a vegan Tzaziki. LOve it!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds fabulous. I might have to snag it for my blog, but I'll link to your page if that's okay. I can't wait to try this out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great. Good luck teaching your class!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great recipe. I'm not vegan but sometimes find tzatziki too creamy and cloying and I'm a fan of tofu - so this will be great. I'm on a major healthy eating kick for the next two weeks as I'm off on hols to S.A to see family and will be displaying my pasty white and rather wobbly bits on many, many beaches on the South Coast.

    Good luck with your class - you'll be great I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! That looks so good. I had some vegan tzatziki at a kosher restaurant a couple of weeks ago and it was so good. I'm definitely going to make this :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had this with vegan falafel this evening and it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete