We are going to a friends place for dinner tonight, and this morning I am going to make some lasagna, with homemade noodles!
Below is my all purpose tomato sauce... keep in mind that I don't think cooking is all about rules and hierarchy... so when I don't have an ingredient, I go without or make up a new one!
All purpose tomato sauce
- olive oil to saute the onions and garlic
- 2 medium onions finely diced
- 2 cans of crushed tomatoes
- 5-8 garlic cloves crushed, and chopped finely
- dried oregano
- a few splashes of balsamic vinegar
- freshly ground pepper
- organic sugar a heaping tbsp
- sea salt..be generous with it, to taste!
saute onions and garlic and oregano. add the rest.
simmer for 10 minutes or 2 hours, the longer the tastier!
hint: use a little water in your empty canned tomatoes and give it a swish, and pour that into the sauce, no waste!