Monday, April 13, 2009

Broccoli with fresh dill soup

I had a big bunch of broccoli in my fridge and thought I would make soup for dinner tonight. Which I served with a baguette, olives and cheese. Soup is one of the simpler things to make, you usually just need a soup stock. I don't mean that you have to cut and boil vegetables for a long time...oh no folks, much easier to throw everything in the pot, boil until tender, blend and season.

Broccoli with fresh dill soup

  • olive oil
  • 2 onions
  • 3 stalks of celery
  • 3 cloves of garlic
  • 3 carrots
  • 3-4 potatoes
  • bunch of broccoli
  • sea salt
  • freshly ground pepper
  • 1/2 bunch of dill
  • splash of apple cider vinegar
Saute onions, celery and garlic in the pot you will be using for the soup.
Fill with water, add potatoes and carrots.
Boil until potatoes are tender, add broccoli, and dill. Boil until tender
(I like to save a few pieces to add at the end)
Blend in small amounts, add vinegar.Season to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment