Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Teriyaki noodles with Chinese broccoli


I feel like I have not been in my kitchen in for-EVER! I mean I make toast and things like that, but I have not been cooking like I usually do. My upcoming plan is in full swing, with hopes that everything goes as it should...I will release the news soon!

Tonight was a good night to be inside cooking its pretty chilly outside and I really do find my qi when I am in the kitchen. This was a quick week night meal that turned out pretty tasty.

I find Chinese broccoli at my local grocery store, and I like that its leafier than regular old broccoli, but if you can't find it, the normal stuff with do just fine.

Teriyaki noodles with Chinese broccoli

cooked noodles- udon, soba, rice or whatever you prefer

1 tbsp sunflower oil
1/2 block tofu cubed
1 garlic clove-minced
1 tbsp fresh ginger-minced
6-8 mushrooms-sliced
8-10 stalks of Chinese broccoli
black onion seeds- optional

sauce:

3 Tbsp tamari
2 Tbsp palm sugar
1 Tbsp corn starch
2 Tbsp water
1/4 tsp sesame oil

mix together and set aside

In a cast iron pan or non-stick heat oil add tofu. let brown.
Add garlic, ginger and mushrooms. Allow to sauté for a few minutes
Throw in broccoli, just allow to green up a bit
Pour sauce over and allow to thicken a bit
Serve over noodles.


5 comments: