Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Alphabet soup



This is a great soup to make for kids (or the kid in you), and if you missed my last post these scoffins are great accompaniment. My 3 year old loves this stuff. I let her eat it in a mug ( mug-of-soup)..she thinks its fun!


Alphabet soup

2 tbsp sunflower oil
1/2 onion- small diced
2 stalks celery- small diced
2 carrots- peeled- small diced.
1/2 zucchini- small diced
1/2 tomato- small diced
2 small potatoes -peeled- small diced
5 cups water
1 veggie stock cube
1/2 cup alphabet pasta
1 heaping tbsp tomato paste
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
pinch of sugar
fresh parsley

In a large pot heat oil add onion, saute until soft.
Add the rest of the veggies, saute for 2-3 minutes.
Add water, stock cube, pasta, tomato paste.
Bring to a boil and then turn to medium heat, allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
Season with vinegar, sugar and parsley.





2 comments:

  1. Looks so good. Perhaps that will be the ticket for getting my picky vegan toddler to try more veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never even liked Alphagetti, but I really want to try this!

    ReplyDelete