Monday, January 23, 2012

Sushi deconstructed


Recently I have been making these yummy bowls for dinner. My sushi roll making skills are very limited, so I came up with this because I love the taste of all the sushi ingredients. This is WAY easier then traditional sushi... at least for me. The toasted sesame seeds are must.


What you need to make a sushi bowl


Sushi Rice-cooked according to package, then 1 tbsp rice vinegar mixed with 1 tbsp water, 1 tsp sugar poured over top, fluffed with a fork.


Sweet Potato- peeled, sliced and roasted in the oven for 20 minutes (tossed with a little sunflower oil and sea salt)


Tofu- cut into strips,marinated and baked with the sweet potato. I like to use the coconut bacon marinade.
Nori sheets-toasted and cut into strips
Avocado
Gomazio or toasted sesame seeds
Pickled ginger
Tamari



9 comments:

  1. This is a great idea. all the goodness of sushi with half the fuss.
    Mind if I share on my site?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum, this is one of my favourite go-to bowls too! for mine, i've gotta have some wasabi with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kirsten--these look absolutely delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! My kids would spend all of dinner trying to roll everything though....
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moon mama...haha that would be messy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great idea! Definitely easy to make and super tasty! :)

    ReplyDelete