Thursday, July 28, 2011

Date & orange muffin




When you are pregnant sometimes you feel the urge to clean your home and change it up. "Nesting" as its referred to. I have felt it :) I put the baby crib up for the 3rd time! Yes I have had the same crib for 14 years! Insane...I know.

It is fun putting the baby clothes away. We didn't find out the gender of the baby. I like the surprise. I have one drawer of girl clothes and one drawer of boy clothes, most of which came from the thrift store and some gifts. I also purchased two rag quilts from Etsy, since Leeluu will be sharing her room I thought it would be a special something that they can both have. It is hard to believe that I only have a little under 11 weeks left!

I felt muffinish this morning so I made these, adapted from the joyofbaking.com. The sugar from the dates is sweet so feel free to cut down on the sugar. I will next time only use 1/4 cup. :)


Date & orange muffins

2 cups flour
1/4 cup rolled oats
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup cane sugar 
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp grated orange zest
1/3 cup  fresh orange juice
1 cup soy milk/ mixed with 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 egg replace
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/4 cup sunflower oil
1 cup chopped dates
pumpkins seeds (optional)


Preheat oven to 350- grease a muffin tin
Mix dry ingredients together.
In a separate bowl mix wet.
Pour wet into dry. Mix until combined.
Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds
Scoop batter into tins, bake for 20 minutes or until done.




No comments:

Post a Comment