Monday, March 21, 2011

Growth

It is spring and the weather is warming up! Over the weekend I spent some time in the garden, weeding and cleaning up. The kids loves being outdoors and so do I. With everything going on in the world right now, I feel very fortunate to spend time outside with my family.

I have plans for a veggie patch this year (last years was a major fail), I am hoping to find out what deers don't like and growing that! Also I have hopes to plant a fruit tree or two in the yard, and start my own compost:)

Cooking is by the wayside right now, still waiting on our kitchen. Should be here in a week or two at the most. I am looking forward to trying some new recipes and doing some food posts:p

HAPPY SPRING!

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there! I can't imagine what you feel like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am starting a garden this year and I have big plans. I am most excited to start composting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Noelle..I just keep telling myself its going to be over soon :)

    Maria Rose...We have a composting program here in Nova Scotia, where the city comes and picks it up. I don't want to give them my goodies anymore. Can't wait to see pics of your garden :)

    ReplyDelete