Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Mango & Strawberry Muffins



I was at the store yesterday and mangoes were 25¢! I bought 9 of them with hopes to freeze a bunch and put them in smoothies. I also grabbed a box of strawberries, sometimes its nice to have a taste of summer in the cold winter.

When I got home I decided to make some muffins, and thought about mango muffins, but how much better would they be if I added fresh strawberries and in the middle a scoop of strawberry jam!



Mango & Strawberry Muffins

2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp sea salt

3 mango-peeled and chopped
10 strawberries- chopped

1 cup milk
2 egg replacements
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup canola oil

strawberry jam


Preheat oven to 350
Mix dry with wet. Stir in fruit.
Scoop into greased muffin tin 1/2 way.
Place a spoonful of strawberry jam in the middle.
Top up with the rest of muffin batter
Bake for 45 minutes or until done.




4 comments:

  1. you had me at mango and strawberry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the flavor combination of these muffins. Yummy. I can't believe that you got mangoes for that price. That's a steal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This must look good! I definitely love the flavor of mango and strawberry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delicious way to enjoy all that good looking fruit. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your muffins up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete