Friday, December 3, 2010

Almond butter chocolate balls

The holidays are just a few short weeks away, and we have been planning on making them pretty chill. Sometimes its easy to get caught up in all the holiday crazies, but I just remind myself what is important. 
Family, love, happiness and good food 
I dream about going into a grocer where everything is vegan and I don't have to read the ingredients...maybe one day.  Until that day comes I will be perfecting vegan treats in my kitchen. These peanut butter chocolate balls are super simple to make, and tasty!

I found this recipe, and changed it a bit.

1 stick of earth balance butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups almond butter
1 cup powdered sugar
3 cups rice cereal
2 cups dark chocolate chopped and melted

In a large pot, melt butter.
Add almond butter and vanilla.
Stir until combined and smooth.
Add powdered sugar and rice cereal.

Let mixture cool.
roll into balls

With a fork dip balls into melted chocolate
Place on a parchment paper lined baking pan.
Refrigerate  until hard.
Dust with cocoa powder



6 comments:

  1. Yeah, this look amazing! Yum! I want one of those right now. Send me some through FB. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see and know about your gorgeous almond butter chocolate balls recipe. It is very informative and easy to make it, i really like almonds and butter also and when you make any thing or recipe with your favorite ingredients you must like it. And i think it is very easy to make it even me a single person and don't know how to cook, can make it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great! I have a truffle recipe which I love but I like the idea of adding puffed rice to make it a little less rich - and the texture would be good, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these look so good! My itty bitty would love these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmm. These are going on my xmas menu. They look perfect. I cant wait to make them!

    ReplyDelete