Thursday, November 18, 2010

Granola bars


My daughters both love granola bars and its hard to find vegan granola bars at the store, I decided to try and make them...These turned out pretty good, except that I wish I added a bit more maple syrup and almond butter.

2 cups old fashion oats
1 cup wheat germ
3/4 cup coconut
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup ground flax seeds
1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup chopped almonds

1 1/4 cup applesauce
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup coconut oil-melted
1 tbsp vanilla 

Preheat oven to 350
Add wet to dry, stir until well combined.
Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper
press mixture firmly down. 
Bake for 25 minutes.
Cut while still warm. 
Let cool





5 comments:

  1. Perfect to stick in my bag when on the road! Like all the healthy ingredients. Will add some almond butter. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need to give this a try for our road trip to Ohio here in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm I might have to make these. I love granola bars and I bet homemade ones taste 100 times better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After we ate a couple everyone agreed they needed more maple syrup, I would add another 1/4 a cup. Hope they turn out good for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3 Studies SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you literally kill fat by eating coconut fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from large medicinal journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete