Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Roasted caulifower soup with parsley cream


Living on the east coast of Canada the summers are pretty mild, and to have a roasted veggie soup on days that are rainy and the fog is thick is possible. If you live somewhere that you can't imagine firing up your oven, you could roast the cauliflower on the BBQ, that would be pretty tasty too!

                                                      Usually I can see the ocean...not today


I have been busy packing and washing walls. Yesterday I went to the hardware store and picked up a can of primer, and some paint supplies for my daughters bedroom.

There are new paints out there, ECO friendly? Recycled from other cans and have low VOC.... and they are half the cost of normal paint! They only come in certain colors and I like the colors they come in neutrals, greens and browns. Its picking the colour that is the hard part, I am so indecisive.

Have you used a ECO friendly paint...Whats the quality like?

Looking for the perfect colour to paint my home. I find this process fun, but very difficult at times.  I need to paint both kids rooms, bathroom, and living/dining room.

I do have time before we have to move into our new home...the end of August. We have the keys and I go there almost everyday. Usually it turns into a beach session though :P
 our beach

I did a lot of running around yesterday so I didn't get all that crazy in the kitchen, we bought some sushi to go, brought it back to the house and I made this rock'n soup. Kid approved... Mo'mo'mo ( more) she asks.




1 head of cauliflower
(drizzled in sunflower oil, sprinkled with sea salt, freshly ground pepper, and a dash of cumin)
Place on a baking sheet and in the oven @ 400 for 30 minutes or until soft and slightly golden

1 tbsp sunflower oil
 1 onion-chopped
4 stalks celery- chopped
2 cloves garlic- chopped
3 medium potatoes- peeled and chopped
6-8 cups of water
sea salt
white pepper
2 tsp lemon juice

In a large pot heat oil add onion,celery, and garlic. Saute for 6-8 minutes, until very soft.
Fill with water, add potatoes, and bring to a boil.
Let simmer for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
Add the cauliflower and bring to a boil for 3-5 minutes.
Blend in a blender in batches
Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice

Parsley cream

I like to keep my stems around with the little bits of leaves on just in case I need to make a stock or something like this...

Chop a half a cup of parsley (stem on), put in a blender with an 8 oz ladle full of the soup, add 3 tbsp soy milk, blend until smooth.

3 comments:

  1. YUM! Usually I hate parsley but the parsley cream in the soup was deee-lish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also roast my cauliflower for a similar soup. I love the creamy texture and the yummy taste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice to eat! It looks tasty and delicious.

    ReplyDelete