Sunday, May 30, 2010

Wild rice bowl

 

We are leaving soon and I wanted to use up the fresh produce. This is my version of cleaning out the fridge :P

Rice and salad in a bowl with sauteed broccoli ,TVP slices, onion ,garlic and tamari. Drizzled with homemade peanut sauce. In the salad department I used lettuce, shredded carrots, cabbage, green peppers, sliced cucumber and green onion.  Toasted pumpkin seeds are necessary.

The TVP slices come dry and I buy in bulk. Soak in hot water until they are soft. Drain. Heat oil in a pan, add onions, garlic saute for a few minutes. Add the TVP. Sprinkle dried oregano and  chili powder ( a teaspoon of each). Pour a few tablespoons of tamari over it and let it cook for 5-8 minutes. Add broccoli and let cook until done.



                                                         TVP (textured soy protein)

1 comment:

  1. This looks absolutely delish! I've never seen TVP in that form before, but will look for it next time I am out!

    ReplyDelete