Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Gingerbread Cake


This afternoon, it took me about 15 minutes to make this mouthwatering dessert.  My mom and dad arrived this morning, Yippee! We went puddle jumping with the tot on a walk to get the mail. I turned off the heat in the house these last few days from all the warm weather we had, but it got cold again :( So what better way to warm the house (and my feet), but with a hot oven and a gingerbread cake :) Served with apple sauce.

  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 & 1/2 tablespoon ginger, ground
  • 1/2 tsp.cloves, ground
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 cup organic cane sugar
  •  1/2 cup molasses
  • 1 cup soy milk
  • 1 tablespoon vinegar
  • 1 tbsp organic powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350
Grease a bunt pan.( or whatever pan you got, this would be good loaf style too)
In a large bowl combine dry ingredients.
In a medium bowl combine wet.
Pour wet into dry
Mix until blended.
Pour into greased pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. until knife comes out clean.
Let cool and sprinkle powdered sugar on top.

5 comments:

  1. Okay, THAT looks amazing and I love the ingredient list! A Yum dessert or snack--plus I love ginger all year round! Hope you have fun with your parents in town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet this tasted delicious!! Have fun w/ the parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay — another good use for my bundt pan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummy, but it was 85 degrees here today...so not feeling all gingerbready! :)
    My folks get here in 2 weeks...can't wait!
    Hope you have a good visit!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bundt cakes are really cute. Specially when they are poured with ganache or glazed. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete