Friday, March 5, 2010

Maple Flax Cookies


The weather hasn't been that great in my neck of the woods lately, very windy and rain/snow brrrr. I am getting excited for the weather to warm up. I am starting my tomato seeds next week! I have never had a yard veggie garden but I have been reading a lot about it and one of my friends told me she grew flax. Not that she got a big crop, apparently the flowers that the plant produces are very pretty.

We just bought a big bottle of maple syrup, and I have a huge jar of flax kicking around, and I remembered this recipe from domesticaffair.ca, this is one of my new favorite cookies! I didn't have spelt flour, I just used organic unbleached white flour.




                                              info about flax







5 comments:

  1. Your cookies look and sound delicious. I have used flax seed but, not in cookies so this recipe is a keeper! Love your plate! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Those look so tasty, I'm totally going to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaie...

    Yes do give them a try...its a really simple recipe. Let me know how they turn out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look fab I think I may have to try those bad boys!

    ReplyDelete