Saturday, March 20, 2010

Avocado & Chocolate Tart


When I first saw this recipe on another blog  I did a little research and watched a video on you tube, I was like crazy avocado and chocolate. This I have to try...and today was the day! I know this is referred to as a raw dessert, but I don't think mine is, because I used cocoa powder. And that is processed.  I really like all the recipes that I have been seeing out there in the blogosphere on raw food. It inspires me. The only thing I wish I did different was I would of bought the right dates. I ended up having to push the chocolate mixture through a sieve, the dates were to hard (even though I soaked them for a half an hour). I still managed to get the sweetness out of them, I just didn't want all the little hard bits in it.

You must taste as you make it, adding a little bit of cocoa, maple syrup, water, etc... I like my chocolate not overly sweet. The crust is really interesting, and very tasty, It could be used with many different kinds of tart fillings. I got this recipe from my friend, An Opera Singer in the Kitchen.
We haven't eaten them yet...saving them for after dinner, but I did taste the filling and the crust....YUM!


10 comments:

  1. How great Kirsten! I hope you enjoy them immensely like we did! Thanks for letting me know you tried this recipe out!!

    I do agree with you about the cocoa powder NOT being raw, but I have heard there is raw cocoa powder out there somewhere. CHeers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kirsten, I've been meaning to try an avocado chocolate pie type recipe, so I'll use this one when I do...
    Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to try these! I've been experimenting with Avacado in baked goods and I've been pretty pleased with the results so far...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting to mix chocolate with avocado. It sounds super delicious! I'm making Swedish cupcakes in my next episode of my online cooking show, Please check it out! Linn

    ReplyDelete
  5. If only I didn't live in the U.K where one avocado is over £1.00 and even then the quality and taste are iffy. If I had squillions to experiment with [like I used to in South Africa] I'd give this a try. Over here though, any decent avo ends up in a guacomole or on cut up on wholewheat toast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very original! I'll try it very soon...

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on making the top 9. I was on there the other day too. Its so neat! I like your blog. I'm glad I found another great vegan blogger... I'll be back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to try this recipe! I love making Avocado Chocolate Pudding but to add a crust would be even better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. mmmmm...sounds so delicious, I think I will have to try!! I have to admit, since we opened a little bistro last month, I have been following your blog more and more for recipe ideas!! I make all our soups/stews/chilis from scratch and have quite a few vegan customers and your recipes always look so delicious! I remember you being such an adventurous cook, and I hope you don't mind if I serve your recipes on the other side of the country? Check us out Good to Go Bistro on Facebook! Hope you and your family are happy and well! Nadia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Nadia and congratulations on your bistro.

    ReplyDelete