Not only is this soup super tasty, its also really fast to put together. The important thing to watch for is that you keep it below the boiling point, otherwise the fresh veggies will turn to mush. The possibilities are endless with this soup, this is what I had in my fridge.
Come back and check my next post....butternut squash & lentils wrapped in phyllo as the main course
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek-cut lengthwise and sliced
- 2 carrots - peeled and small diced
- 1 celery stalk-small diced
- 2 cloves garlic-minced
- 8 cups of water
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1/2 zucchini - small diced
- 1 cup small pasta-precooked
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame (soy bean)
- 1/2 cup frozen green beans
- 2-4 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp cane sugar (organic)
Add basil, fill pot with water, and add the tomato paste.
Simmer for 10 minutes Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes.
Makes 8 servings