Friday, December 11, 2009

Caramel Popcorn


We have had guests for the past couple of weeks, and I have been cooking up a storm. It just that I haven't thought to much about taking pictures of my food:P Mostly because I am pre occupied about making sure it gets to the table hot and tasty. But I am back on track now, and last night I made this recipe with my oldest daughter.
It turned out perfect, I adapted the recipe from the joy of vegan baking, not for any other reason then I didn't have vanilla, and my youngest daughter was whining and holding on to my legs, that made me totally forget to add the baking soda at the end. The whole family loved it, and I will be making it for holiday gifts!

  • 14 cups popped popcorn
  • 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
  • 1 cup cane sugar
  • 1/4 cup light corn syurp
  • 1/2 cup non-dairy butter( I used earth balance)
  • 1/2 tsp salt

Lightly grease a shallow pan.
Place in popcorn and peanuts .
Preheat oven to 250
Combine sugar, syurp, butter and salt in a saucepan.
Bring to a boil over medium heat. Stirring enough to blend.
Once boils, boil for 5 minutes stirring constantly
Remove from heat, pour over popcorn in a pan.
Stir to coat. Bake for 1 hour
Stirring every 15 minutes.
Separate into while still warm pieces

1 comment:

  1. Oldest? What the heck! Im not OLD!! But this waz super fun to make! And good! It burns like crazy when u touch it, but its soooo worth it when u get the caramel :)

    ReplyDelete