Monday, November 16, 2009

Carrot & Ginger Soup


I realize that this is a pretty common soup now-a-days, probably because its really good. It has a bit of bite to it, because of the ginger. My 13 month old daughter really loves it too, which is a +.


  • 2 tbsp vegan butter or olive oil
  • 1 onion- chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic-minced
  • 3 tbsp fresh ginger-peeled and minced
  • 2 stalks celery- chopped
  • 5 carrots- peeled and chopped
  • 3 potatoes- peeled and chopped
  • 1/2 sweet potato- peeled and chopped
  • water to cover
  • 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
  • freshly ground pepper
  • sea salt

In a large pot heat butter add onion, garlic, ginger. ( be careful not to have to high of heat, don't wanna burn the garlic and ginger) Add celery, carrots and potatoes. Cover with water, bring to a boil, reduce heat so that
is still bubbling, not boiling. When the veggies are soft blend in a blender in batches. Add seasonings.

4 comments:

  1. My family loves carrot soup. It's such a healthy soup and very easy to feed kids too. I cook it quite often but without adding ginger to it cos my daughter doesn't like it in the carrot soup. At least I'm glad she like carrot sooup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this soup looks great! This fall has been my first time making carrot soup and I love all the flavors that go so well with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kirsten, we're happy to see CULINARY ARTISTRY listed among your cookbooks!

    Karen & Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  4. Culinary Artistry was a recommended book from my chef. When I got my hands on a copy, I knew why.
    Its encycolpedia for food pairing!

    ReplyDelete