Saturday, October 31, 2009

Chocolate Ganache Birthday Cake


It was my birthday yesterday, and since I am really the only person in the home that knows how to bake (somewhat), I decided that I would make myself a cake. Its hard to go to a bakery and request a vegan cake:P
So I checked out the best chocolate cake recipes, and found this one. It was really easy and inexpensive, because it used cocoa powder instead of chocolate. The results...I would make it again

http://www.instructables.com/id/SGR3JXJFFEA6XLY/

Cake Ingredients

1 1/4 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup warm water
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp distilled white or apple cider vinegar

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Mix in a bowl dry ingredients, combine wet into dry and mix well.
Pour into a greased cake pan, and bake for 23-30 minutes.
or until a knife comes out clean.

1 comment:

  1. This is the most amazing looking cake in the world. It tasted (and looked) so proffesional. Something that is totaly Gordon Ramsay styles.

    ReplyDelete