- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic-minced
- 3 carrots-peeled,chopped into 1"pieces
- 3 stalks of celery
- 4 potatoes- peeled, chopped 1"pieces
- 1 zucchini- chopped into half moons
- 9 mushrooms-sliced
- 1/2 bunch of kale-chopped roughly
- 1/2 bunch of parsley-chopped
- 1 handful of barley
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 6 cups of water
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 3 bay leafs
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp of cornstarch,in a small bowl with 2 tsp of water mixed
add garlic, celery, carrots and mushrooms and bay leafs, oregano saute for 4 minutes
add tamari & water, potatoes, zucchini, bring to a boil. add barley.
Simmer, add the rest of the ingredients.
simmer for an hour or so, stirring occasionally.