Saturday, July 4, 2009

Tofu walnut balls


Last night I made "meatball" subs, with leftover meatballs that I had in the freezer. They don't freeze very well:(. But when they are fresh, there are delicious. I got this recipe from a vegetarian food fair at the local church, I changed it up a bit. These can be topped with spaghetti sauce, gravy, bbq sauce, etc..

  • 1/2 cup quick oats
  • 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
  • 1/2 tsp chili powder
  • 1/2 italian seasoning
  • 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
  • 1 tsp freshly cracked pepper
  • 1/2 finely chopped onion
  • 2 cups bread crumbs
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley

  • 1 cup water
  • 1/4 cup tamari
  • 1pkg firm tofu
mix dry ingrdients in a large bowl, add wet ingredients, mix well ( I like to use my kitchen aid mixer with the paddle attachment.)
Roll into small balls on to a greased pan. These do not spread, so they can be placed close together. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow these do look delicious! I'd love to try these. :)

    ReplyDelete