Sunday, May 27, 2012

Vegan crepes stuffed with vegetables



I have been making these crepes quite a bit on our vacation. I didn't have a recipe, just a small bag of flour and a carton of soy milk on hand. This was a shot in the dark and they turned out great! You could use any type of vegetable for a filling. I tend to prefer savory over sweet in the morning, but even some fresh chopped strawberries would be delicious....

I have been lucky with the apartments we have been renting, most come with kitchens that are pretty much fully loaded. When making crepes at home you should use a small non-stick pan to make life easier.

Vegan Crepes

1 cup flour
1 1/4 cup soy milk
1 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp olive oil

Mix up with a whisk until smooth.
Heat pan on medium heat, rub a little olive oil on the pan..about 1/4 tsp.
Using a ladle scoop a small amount of batter into the middle of the pan.
Lift pan, and rotate the batter until it makes a big circle.
Place back down on heat. Allow to cook until you see the batter cooked.
It will change color.
Flip. Place filling inside and fold in half.
YUM!


5 comments:

  1. wow that crepe looks fabulous! so colorful too! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! These remind me of the caramelized onion crepes that are in the newest Babycakes (GF) cookbook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound so easy! I love the simple ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kirsten

    I've been quietly visiting your blog for about a year now.

    I love reading your recipes and watching your lovely family enjoying your idyllic life in coastal Canada.

    While you were away, another lovely young vegan Mum entered a blog on vegan parenting. I then began visiting her blog. Now I've found another beautiful blog to visit.

    I'm from Brisbane, Australia. I too get to enjoy walks along the beach each day.

    Enjoy the rest of your Mediterranean holiday.

    Fondest regards

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna,

    I love that you have been quietly following my blog, I figure that is how this blog thing works:) awesome that you found Maria's blog!! She has become a good blogger friend.
    I was just saying to Jonathan that I think our next trip should be Australia...hmmmmm.
    Thanks for your lovely comment.

    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete