Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter brunch : Mexican hash



Pan seared potatoes, onion and red pepper with Yves veggie crumbles and Daiya cheese served on top of an english muffin.I also added little chili powder and some sliced avocado. This was a great brunch, the only thing missing was a mimosa!

Mexican Hash


3tbsp sunflower oil
4 potatoes-peeled and cubed
1/2 onion- small diced
1 red pepper- small diced
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/3 cup Yves ground round
1/4 cup Daiya cheese
3 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro or parsley
sea salt
fresh ground pepper
avocado (optional garnish)

Heat oil in pan, add potatoes and saute until they form a golden crust. Add the rest of the ingredients and continue to saute for 3-4 minutes. Serve on top of a toasted english muffin.



I hid some eggs stuffed with nuts and dried fruit. This year I found a vegan dark chocolate bunny! I really enjoy doing this, growing up my mom always hid eggs for me. It is really cute to see how excited Leeluu gets. I heard her this morning get up and sneak down stairs ready for the hunt. I hope everyone is having a relaxing Easter weekend!





1 comment:

  1. Really tasty looking food, and I love your blog! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete