Saturday, February 4, 2012

Baked macaroni & cheeze


It has been a long time since I ate Kraft dinner. Not to say it wasn't good, because that florescent orange cheese powder was good, until I realized what was in it. 


I have changed my ways, since I was 14. After school going over to friends houses, and munching a bowl topped with ketchup. This is a much better healthier option and might I add tastier! It still needs ketchup....


Baked Macaroni & cheeze


4 cups macaroni noodles-cooked
2 tbsp earth balance butter


2 cups soy milk
1 cup nutritional yeast
1 tsp prepared mustard (the yellow kind)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
3 slices of bread-cubed
1 tbsp earth balance-melted


Cook macaroni according to package.
While pasta is cooking,  in a blender combine all seven ingredients.
Drain macaroni and mix in butter. Pour the blender ingredients into pasta.
On medium high heat, stir until thickens ( usually a minute or so).
Pour into greased 8x8 cake pan. 
In a small bowl combine bread cubes and melted butter. Stir until coated.
Spread over top of macaroni. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes or just until bread cubes are toasted.





8 comments:

  1. WOW! Going to make this tongiht! This looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmm... looks good! Especially with the ketchup. Childhood memories are flooding back ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool Deborah! Let me know how it goes.

    hehehe Nikki, that is what I use to eat all the time back in the days.

    Thanks Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so yummy...due to allergies, we can't eat soy. Do you think rice milk might work with this, or is it too thin? We also can't have nuts...so no nut milks for us. Coconut milk is okay, but I think that would probably taste dreadful in mac & cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it might work using rice milk, because the thickening agent cornstarch will probably work as you heat it up. You never know till you try...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just made this, and it was soooo yummy! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. look amazingly delicious. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete