Thursday, December 29, 2011

Waffles goodbye

Apple cinnamon waffles

I needed a reason to dust off the old waffle maker and having my brother here was a pretty good one.

Vegan Waffles


1 1/2 cups flour
1 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 cup milk
2 Ener-G egg replacements
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 1/4 cup soy milk

Combine dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
Mix wet together. Pour into dry. Mix.

Apple cinnamon waffle topping

1 tbsp of earth balance
1 apple-cored,peeled and sliced
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cardamon

In a small sauce pan over medium high heat combine ingredients allow to simmer until apples are soft.


I took my brother and his wife to the train station this morning, it was sad to say goodbye :( We had a great visit! I had some friends over for dinner last night. I busted out the old bingo game that was my great grandmothers, we use to play it in her basement for holidays and birthdays. My nanny always had prizes, so I did the same. I think it brought back memories for the both of us. It is strange to think that my brother probably won't see Simone for awhile, she will be walking and talking the next time. They had a camera so I was able to take some photos!! This is one of my favorites :)





3 comments:

  1. I don't use mine as often as I should...there should be some sort of kitchen gadget exchange place. Where you can trade something you don't use for something else :P

    ReplyDelete