Thursday, December 8, 2011

Vegan bread pudding

chocolate almond vegan bread pudding

This was my first attempt at making "bread pudding". I really had no idea what to expect as I have never eaten it before either, but this blew my mind! It was like a chocolate almond croissant in a bowl! I wish all of you could have tried some, it was so tasty! Bread Pudding is super easy to make. I used coconut milk as an egg replacement, which gave it a lot of creaminess.

5 cups of stale baguette- cup into cubes
1 1/4 cup So Delicious Coconut Milk
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tbsp tapioca starch
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla
Pinch of salt
1/3 cup dark chocolate- roughly chopped
1/4 cup almonds-roughly chopped
2 tbsp vegan margarine
1/4 cup brown sugar

Preheat oven to 350

Using the butter grease 4 ramekins and sprinkle brown sugar on the bottom.
Set aside.

In a shallow dish combine milk, syrup, cinnamon, starch, salt. Whisk it up.
Add cubed bread and mix it up, make sure it's all coated. Add chocolate and almonds.
Let it sit for 15 minutes.

Press bread into ramekins, bake for 30 minutes
Best if eaten warm.


5 comments:

  1. Wow, Kirsten! Your bread pudding looks so delicious! We really appreciate you sharing the recipe, and we cannot wait to try it! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This pudding recipe can be a special treat for dairy free kids, vegans, person with lactose-intolerance or anyone. It is really delightful to know about this excellent desserts to share with fellow sweet-teeth. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you must have known that the way to my heart is through bread pudding! This looks fabulously beautiful and I would probably eat it in one bite (more like I would just shove it into my mouth) <--unattractive, yes. happy? absolutely! Your blog is wonderful, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great! I'm drooling a bit over here. Think I need to find myself a bib.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3 Researches REVEAL How Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually kill fat by eating coconut fats (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from large medical magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete