Monday, August 22, 2011

10 minute summer stew



Super simple and delicious! I used the vegetables I picked up at the market, some left overs in my fridge, with a can of chickpeas. You could add anything you like to this. Keep the cooking time down to 10 minutes, to keep the vegetables crisp. I served it with a 8 grain loaf of bread.

10 minutes summer stew

2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion-chopped
1 clove garlic- minced
1 stalk celery- chopped
1 yellow zucchini- chopped
1 carrot-chopped
1 tomato- chopped
1 cup water
1 can chickpeas
1 tsp dried dill
fresh thyme
fresh basil
sea salt
freshly ground pepper

In a large pot heat oil add onion, saute until soft.
add the rest of the ingredients, bring to a boil.
Simmer for 10 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper.

market goodies



6 comments:

  1. That looks really lovely!! Would be great for a nice day like today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome! I wish it wasn't so hot over here. But then I think a luke warm stew would be totally in order.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness, i just spotted your daughter leeluu's amazing little interview over at vegansaurus! SO adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jess! :) I think she is a pretty cool little monster.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the recipe and will be trying it soon. Found you on Pinterest and will be following. Have a great Tuesday.
    Odie in NC

    ReplyDelete