Saturday, October 16, 2010

Spinning

 
Its been a bit of a whirl wind around my place the last little while, had family come and stay with us for a few days, friends for lunch and dinner, thanksgiving, birthdays and more. Needless to say I have been cooking a lot.Everything from tofurkey to birthday cake!

It's been fun but I get tired now & then and need a little rest. I am typing with the wood stove burning, drinking a cup of hot chai, as the little one sleeps on the couch next to me. I think about how time passes so quickly....how life passes so fast. It takes time to write recipes and go through tons of pictures, sometimes too much :P

It was the little ones birthday yesterday. The BIG 2! Pretty quiet celebration just the 4 of us and her best buddy and her mom. It was nice and chill. I made a big pot of carrot soup, a broccoli quiche, homemade chai tea and a birthday cake.

broccoli quiche

chai tea

birthday cake-for my little pumpkin

I try to make the cakes I grew up with, my mom always made my brother and I great ones (thanks mom). 
I am thankful for family and friends they make my life full and wonderful, and if it wasn't for them I would have no reason to cook!

6 comments:

  1. i love this post! amazing photos, i esp love the leaves and your daughter is so precious - what a sweet photo.

    your menu looked delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! that pumpkin cake looks fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter is beautiful! And what an amazing cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww you're daughter is so cute :) and everything looks tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING blog Kirsten!! Always love having a look . . .I don't know where you get the time?! Lovin' the Hallowee'en Cake (it's perfect!) and wish that they celebrated it over here in Oz. I feel like my kids miss out a bit on all the stuff I grew up with in Canada ;o( Do you take all the photo's as well? Great shots, great camera x tanya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks friends :)

    Tanya!! I didn't realize that you didn't celebrate Halloween in the land down under...Yep I do take all the photos (lots and lots of'em). Thanks for checking out my blog. lots of love to you and your family

    ReplyDelete