Wednesday, July 28, 2010

More of my favorite places and quick cinnamon oatmeal...camping styles


We went camping for the last few days....It was amazing! If you live in Nova Scotia there are many provincial parks that offer great camping, our favorite is Risser Beach. If you ever have the chance, you should visit there. When its sunny out the beaches are beautiful.  This is just some of the beauty we seen....
 

our camp

 
 Luna

Early morning

Carters beach

I know that oatmeal is not for everyone...but my littlest one LOVES it! Its pretty simple to make and because this is my food blog/diary , I thought I would share it :) 

1/2 cup water
1/4 cup organic quick oats
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp raisins (optional)
maple syrup ( a must!!:)
non-dairy milk

bring the pot of water to a boil, add oats,cinnamon,and raisins.
Cook for 3-4 minutes. Stirring until thickens
Spoon into a bowl and pour on the maple and milk!!
Good to the last drop

5 comments:

  1. Camping will give your kids such sweet memories! Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirsten, again, breathtaking pictures. Those clouds... Did you name them? You'll need to get creative to surpass bubble gum clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love oatmeal! Have you ever tried steel cut oats? Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! My favorite pic is the moon one... hee hee.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane...Thanks! I love camping with my kids espcially by the sea.

    Marysol...I haven't thought of any cloud names..YET!

    Katie...I like oatmeal, Leeluu loves it!! I have tried the steel cut oats from Bobs Red Mill..its pretty tasty :)

    Moonmama...That moon was amazing, the picture doesn't do it justice.

    ReplyDelete