Saturday, May 1, 2010

Knock someone's socks off : Lasagna


Some may say that lasagna has to have four cheeses, some say it has to have only one. The main point is "lasagna is a cheesy, scrumptious dish".

That is, until you make it with no cheese. I have tried several different versions towards making the perfect vegan lasagna. But this one takes the cake, or should I say the noodles!

A simple lasagna with big taste. I roasted eggplant and zucchini and used those vegetables as a layer.  I made a tofu "cheese" as part of the filling.  I also used my basic tomato sauce.

For the "cheese" topping I used a product by Earth Island- Vegan Gourmet ( the same company that makes vegenaise) I can get two meals usually out of one block....

Tofu cheese

1 block of firm tofu
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1 tsp oregano
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup water

Put everything in a food processor and blend until desired consistency.

4 comments:

  1. Lasagna is great because you can make it in so many different ways! And the red sauce.. it's the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm that looks delish!!

    Thanks for all your entries in the giveaway!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am salivating Kirsten. I am going to make this after church tomorrow!

    Oh, by the way, I made your Chocolate Chip Cookies at the Blogger Bake Sale and they were all purchased! Thanks for the nice recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.....that looks REALLY good!

    ReplyDelete