Saturday, March 13, 2010

Israeli Couscous Salad


I love salads, and the weather is warming up... that means fresh local produce and the Hubbards Farmers Market! I know, I know I am a little early, as it is only March but all this sunshine is getting me excited for spring and summer.


I went to the bulk barn last week and bought enough beans and grains to last a month, which is good. I hate going to the grocery store. I feel like I am there WAY to much. If its not soymilk we are out of, its bread.
I have been looking into the soy milk maker machines...does any one own one of these? It must be a better product then the boxed stuff, I mean fresh milk at your disposal, and in 15 minutes?I would love to know if it is worth it.  


This is a great salad, it keeps well in the fridge. Make a big batch and take it to work for lunches.
The falafel patty you see in the background is a great addition...chickpea patty recipe

  • 1 cup cooked Israeli couscous
  • 1/2 cucumber- small diced
  • 1 yellow bell pepper- small diced
  • 2 green onions-minced
  • 4 tbsp fresh cilantro-minced
  • 1 lemon-juiced
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • sea salt
  • freshly ground pepper
In a large bowl combine all ingredients, stir it up and enjoy!








    5 comments:

    1. Oh that looks so good! I love couscous. I haven't tried it with salad and that looks delicious.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Beautiful photo. Looking at the picture, I thought the yellow bell pepper was mangoes or oranges. Does that sound like another delicious variation to your couscous salad?

      ReplyDelete
    3. This salad looks really good--and I am not a fan of the Israeli couscous. Your picture is so pretty, it really doest tempt me. Okay, I hate grocery shopping, too--and when you find a soy milk making machine, please let me know!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Sanura...yes mangoes and oranges would be delicious with couscous! Have to try that out.

      Kelly...Thanks, I am on the search for a few new kitchen gadgets. I want to hear other peoples experience with a soy milk maker before I purchase one.( I really need to try to make some from scratch, maybe I will this weekend?) I also want a dehydrator! Maybe the money fairy will visit me soon:P

      ReplyDelete
    5. Great looking recipe! Ihave to say I have not tried Israeli couscous before. I will have to add that to my list of things to try.

      ReplyDelete