Monday, March 22, 2010

Coconut Chocolate Macaroons


The good  folks at Tropical Traditions sent me a big jar of  Virgin Coconut Oil to sample. When the mail person delivered it to my door this morning I quickly opened the box, then the jar... took a sniff and stuck my finger into the thick coconut goop, tasted it YUM!

I love coconut, but I have never worked with coconut oil before. It sort of  reminds me of sun tan lotion:P  This is my first recipe. I wanted to keep that amazing coconut flavor. Rummaged through my cupboards and decided to make coconut macaroons, with a little chocolate flare:P  This is not to be mistaken for the french macaron, that I have been seeing all over the blog world.  Which is probably why I made these...subliminal messaging (must make macaron:P)

  • 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 tbsp maple syrup
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1//4 cup soy milk-(if I had almond I would of used it)
  • 2 tbsp Tropical Traditions Virgin Coconut Oil-melted
Preheat oven to 350.
Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.  Mix wet ingredients in a seperate bowl.
Combine the two together. Stir it up.
Spoon onto a parchment papered baking sheet.
Bake for 12-15 minutes.

6 comments:

  1. These look mouthwatering. I am always looking for a good healthy sweet....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I have been obsessed with coconut lately. I must try these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you! Coconut oil is ridiculously yummers.
    Try popping some popcorn in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, those look heavenly! Mmmmmm I am saving this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Combining two of my most favorite flavors--chocolate and coconut--YUM! These look like something you should wrap up and mail to someone--for instance, a fellow vegan blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 3 Researches REVEAL Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually burn fat by eating Coconut Fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medicinal journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete